The EMMETT Technique is a unique form of body therapy for both people and animals, involving the application of light finger pressure at specific points. It is based on the belief that light touch can trigger a relaxation response in the soft tissue, and the therapist may help relieve tensions resulting in feelings of improved comfort within the body. The result is often instantaneous feelings of greater comfort.
An Overview of The EMMETT Technique
- A safe and simple muscle release therapy developed by Remedial Therapist Ross Emmett
- Useful to address pain and discomfort and improve movement restrictions
- A method that uses light finger pressure at specific locations to initiate the gentle release of tension in many problem areas such as neck, shoulder and back
- A technique where results are usually immediate
- Non-invasive and involves no drugs, massage oils or manipulations.
How Does EMMETT Work?
The EMMETT technique therapist can be compared to a body electrician who has the knowledge to locate these critical points and re-set them with the correct stimulation.
The stimulation is registered by the receiver’s nervous system and their brain responds by sending new instructions back to affect the physical state of the localised area.
The result is often instantaneous physical change.
What Does a Treatment Involve?
Clients can be treated seated, standing or lying down. It can be a stand alone treatment or combined with other techniques. The treatment can be applied directly to the skin or done through clothing.
Treatment price: £35